From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:22:46 -0700
>From:    Sandi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Petco/Danielle/non-profits
>
>OK prepare to be enlightened with just one recent example here and
>another example directly from Danielle herself.  Several Washington
>state  shelters had set up a meeting with petco along with three of our
>veterinarian who see a lot of problems with petco's and their lack of
>caring for ferrets and all animals.  During one of Danielle's tirades
>(see below) to petco, she was asked if she would be attending our
>meeting.  She brazenly said "yes, nothing happens in washington state
>regarding petco that I'm not involved in".  The person told Danielle;
>in that case, they were cancelling the meeting.  The day came for the
>meeting: everyone plus the three vets waited for petco to show and
>nothing.  It was not until the following day when I got hold of petco
>that I was told about Danielle's claim that she was involved and that
>they cancelled because they would not deal with her.

This is TOO funny!  Oh my goodness, coffee spit all over my monitor!
Sandi had posted quite awhile ago about her supposed meeting with the DM
(Jim Buxnell) but couldn't provide any further info such as a date or
time.  I never knew any such meeting was taking place and from what Lisa
Helzer told me, they would not have anything to do with Sandi, period.

The letter that Sandi took snippets from, is real.  I did have that
conversation and posted it on Petno.  I have been nice and professional
in dealing with Petco for three years and that is the ONLY reason I was
invited to lunch by Lisa Helzer (RACC for this region).  Sandi has not
probably because they haven't seen any reason to meet with her because
she has threatened them repeatedly.  However, after being lied to by Lisa
Helzer about a whole bunch of stuff, my dealings with them have become
nothing short of contempt.  I gave them the chance for three plus years
to change things, to no avail.  Now I am going the other direction and
working against them instead of with them.  This Lisa Helzer is the same
one who tried to get me to re-do ferret care sheets but wouldn't donate
to shelters in return for my time.  Instead, I sent her a whole bunch of
information on ferrets with links, etc...and told her to do it herself.
I feel that is the best way for people to learn instead of having others
do it for you and this IS someone who is supposed to know about animal
husbandry for her stores.  She was pretty angry that I wouldn't do
this for her.  This RACC is someone who, in my opinion, has been very
unprofessional to her company by telling me things at lunch, about Petco
that I wouldn't have known otherwise.  Now she is denying the information
BUT it isn't stuff I could have made up, so she has found herself in a
bit of hot water with her superiors over this.  If she had done ANY of
what she promised, I would have been ok, but I feel as though the lunch
was a bit of a "snowjob" to convince me that Petco is doing something.
We all know that is not true.  Yes, now I have had to be a "bad ass"
with them.  Thus far, it has gotten me through to Brian Devine via his
assistant and it has yielded some results (just not enough in my
opinion).  I spent countless hours printing out ADV information for Petco
and also the SOS and AFA shelter list.  I spent my money on overnighting
this stuff to her, at her request, for a supposed "big meeting" with her
superiors taking place in California, that I found out, never even took
place (or so I was told).  Why on earth would you have someone print out
a whole bunch of stuff and spend their own money on such and lie about
it?  This woman has lied to me all along.  Unfortunately, for her, I have
documented all of it.

So there you go...Sandi has lied once again about this Petco meeting that
I supposedly had something to do with and supposedly ruined.  However,
the snippets that she took out of context (of course), were part of the
last email I had with that RACC before going to her superiors.  I wont
play nice with Petco anymore because it has been a major waste of my
time.  People warned me, but I had to find out for myself.  Oh well, now
I know first hand.  Live and learn.

I recommend that Sandi refrain from posting lies.  Where is the email
from the Petco people about me causing whatever meeting you are talking
about, to be cancelled?  Emails and facts, please.  I sure don't see it
but I do see that you saved my other post.  Funny.

Also, I know ferret SHELTERS sell supplies, heck, the one I help out with
does and I don't have a problem with that (duh!) I DO have a problem with
anyone who has non-profit status as a shelter but wont take in anything
other than perfectly healthy animals and instead refers or relies on the
other shelter to do it, knowing that the other shelter wont turn away a
ferret, regardless of condition.  To me, this looks as though someone is
simply getting free animals with low overhead (no vet bills), and turning
around to sell them at retail prices ($100 or more).  All the SHELTERS I
know of, take in ferrets REGARDLESS of condition...bless them for this.
You should talk to your volunteers and find out why they relay
information to outside entities.  This matter is best left to the IRS for
investigation.  I hope your books are in order.