From:
scruffyou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 07:54:15 -0400
Clear DayHey All,

This is in response to Wolfy's request.

I wanted to ask those that have gone through such an instance, no matter
the cause, if they can ... share what they went through.

In December of last year, I lost two ferrets within 10 days of each
other.  Noble on the 8th and Pepsi on the 18th.  The first was an
accident and the second due to long term illness and was helped to cross.

Nobles accident ripped me apart.  The pain was and is deep, wrenching
and raw.  Like an open, gaping wound.  I literaly sat on the floor and
screamed and screamed and screamed.  I completely and totaly lost it.  I
physicaly attacked the person that caused the accident.  I am unable to
think of Noble yet without searing pain, longing, loss and even guilt.  I
used to read in books of that kind of greif reaction but never understood
it until that moment.

My grief for Pepsi was entirely different.  I was able to make his death
as peaceful and pleasant as possible for him.  He had been sick a long
time.  I cried for Pepsi for a long time but it was a quiet, peaceful
greif.  I can think of my times with Pepsi now and not cry.

I think my reactions are directly proportionate to the way they died.  My
greif for Noble was and is violent in nature.  My Noble died in terror
and pain.  My greif for Pepsi is queit and peaceful like his crossing.

I hope this helps someone.

Karen and the Scruff You Gang