Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:17:22 -0400
>Mark:  If she vomits the food again then she may be one who gets
>stomach irritation from Prednisone.  Are you making sure that she
>eats when she gets Prednisone?  If yes, or if she grinds her teeth,
>or if she has black and tarry stools, or if she continues vomiting
>talk with the vet about replacing the Prednisone with Proglycem and
>adding Carafate at other times in the day to sooth her stomach.

I think it was a fluke - she was crashing and I didn't realize her
nausea... and she needed caro, and food and medicine later... it was
very bad at the moment but she has had 2 medications since them and
she is handling the meds well... really, NO COMPLAINS... yippee...

I am being more patient and mixing the meds in Ferretone...

Also, the doctor will be calling to up the meds... I am treating this as
temporary until I can find a surgeon with the experience and equipment to
get her through the crisis... Also I may ask about the helper for the
post-surgery, if and when it happens, as you suggest...

It all seems good for my little baby, and also will keep me feeling that
this is a manageable problem...