Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:02:05 -0400
Late tonight I had a thought - Petco is a corporate sponsor of the CHAMPS
conference scheduled for RENO NV in AUg.

IF there is anyone here who is a supporter of the Pet Savers Foundation -
or planning to attend the CHAMPS conference ( email:
[log in to unmask]) please consider writing and pointing out that
these sponsors are not acting humanely and therefore should NOT be
allowed to promote their industry to the humane community.  IT HAS worked
with other sponsors in the past.

ALSO anyone with contacts at NSAL ( North Shore Animal League) which
is the sponsor for Pet Savers Foundation - please write / email to them
( [log in to unmask]) and protest Petco's stand on ferrets- ferret sales.
Petco does not sell puppies & kittens but DOES sell ferrets and badly at
that!

Maybe the pocketbook will help move Petco into a new age?\

Just a few late night thoughts- I am still madder than helll- those
beautiful petite blazes, marked DEW and wonderful light choc mitts-
they did not deserve the total disregard to be treated like no more
than a dirty litterbox.

Alicia