From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:19:19 -0400
The ad was/is from Verizon Wireless.  Verizon Wireless is a division
of Verizon rather than a separate company and the company DOES bundle
things, so writing to any Verizon subset may help though ones to
Verizon Wireless's many addies have the best chance of working.

Glad to hear they are beginning to truncate it to remove the biting part;
that would be good enough for me, personally, though I'd rather see a
follow-up pro-ferret ad of any type from them.  (Heck, the ferret could
work for FLO... ;-) )  All I really want is to have the biting out of it;
ferrets get too much bad press as it is.  Serious ferret attacks are so
rare that they get picked up on like "man bites dog" stories, and those
plus depictions like the one in the advertisement really throw off the
perceptions of those who have no idea of rates or who can't separate ads
from reality (and the world has a LOT of such folks).  Then we all wind
up working our tails off when local politicos or locals who write into
newspapers about anything panic and think that anti-ferret regulations
are needed.  It hurts ferrets and wastes time which can be better applied
to help over and over and over again.  I'll bet that if I took the time I
could easily figure out over a hundred other FML members who also had
added work due to those avoidable reasons in the past (some of whom have
commented already here).  The work for legislative salvaging is far worse
than the work to stop an ad.