From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:28:26 -0700
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sandi Ackerman/Danielle Frye Re: Wa Petco
>

>PS.  Viewed Sandi Ackerman on Seattle local TV news today as an advocate
>of rabbit rescue and the near hopelessness of educating the public to
>refrain from releasing their pet rabbits into the great outdoors.  Bless
>her heart.  So many rabbits, so few responsible rabbit owners, and oh!...
>so many hungry ferrets [sic].
>
>Hmmmm.  Does the same thought come to you as comes to me?  Noooooo!
>You're not suggesting ...
>
>Edward Lipinski, Director. F.E.R.R.E.T.S., N.W. Foundation,  Email

Oh Ed!  Too funny!  How are you?  You have not been around in awhile.
Are you still taking in ferrets?  I hope all is well with you.

Yes, you are right about Petco and I wish I had the answers!  Educating
the public is just part of the equation.  Other than the progress of
trying to get a lawsuit going, there isn't too much else that I have
found to be effective.  There are many people working on this and yes,
it is very frustrating.  It seems, since profits are their motivator,
making it expensive for them to continue is a good angle...and it might
mean expensive lawsuits/lawyer fees for them.  If you have any answers
or input, please spill!  And YES, I have gone to the media over this,
repeatedly.  They wont touch it here.  I do know of some goings on in
Portland that are "in the works" so we shall see.

Yes, it is always about rabbits, isn't it?  LOL!  And, if I recall, at
one point this same person was accusing you of practicing vet medicine
without a vet license, but it sure does sound to me like it is ok with
her to have her friend who is a HUMAN NURSE do the same.  How strange.

Glad to see you are still around.