From:
Starangels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:43:07 -0700
****QUOTED****
>From:    Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Petco Thing - What People Want, What I Want
>
>In regards to ferrets, the goal for awhile has been to get Petco to stop
>carrying ferrets.  While their switch from MF to Animals, Etc now opens
>up a whole host of new issues, it has strengthened our position that it
>is virtually impossible to find a breeder that can BOTH fill the enormous
>need of providing baby ferrets to 573 Petco stores AND provide kits that
>are in good health and old enough to be sufficiently weaned.  The high
>demand contributes to the problem of babies being shipped too young,
>although there are other factors.

I can also tell you that petco in the washington area now sell's ferrets
from Triple f farms and are also very young..

>Some Petcos that are under the watchful eye of a ferret group, rescue
>group, or even just one or two ferret owners have managed to do OK caring
>for ferrets.  But take away the training and watchful eye of those
>dedicated ferret lovers, and there's no guarantee that store will
>continue to care adequately for the ferrets. That's my take on the Petco
>thing.

the last set of kits i saw and played with and checked in on..Just last
week bit the heck outta my hands..i'm taking latching on!..  I told them
they must Play with them more ..  as well as a number of other things.  I
am one who drop's in and keeps my eye on them I have taken it upon myself
to watch this store for over a year they know me and they know i won't
put up with any mistreatment and have had some kits run to the vet...(i
have taken actions and got results) I make sure they have soft foods and
plenty of water and all their needs cared for..  or the manger hear's it!

Life is life ...untill you are owned by Ferrets!

LOVE YOUR FUZZY'S TODAY FOR YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS..
BLESSING TO ALL WHO ARE LOVED BY FUZZY FACES