From:
Jessica W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:51:25 -0700
hey, all!  im so happy to join the FML!  how is everyone?  Im Jessica, im
16 and i have a ferret named Snip!  i luuuv 'im!  i'd like to get him a
freind, but we cant get a bigger cage for him till we move out.  (wich
may or may not happen, pending on if MOM will stop breaking her leg!)

have you all heard of that FerretEx.com thing?  it sounds nice that you
are most definantly getting a healthy, happy ferret, but MAN ARE THEY
EXPENSIVE!  its like, a-hundered and ninedy bucks for one ferret!  they
are all vaccinated and descented and they come with a harness and a collar
and the shipping too, but you dont get to pick out your own ferret, based
on how you connect with it, and they only sell like, 4 at a time.  i'd
rather get my ferret from a breeder, (snip is from a breeder who recently
retired.) the pet store that i go too is suprisingly a pretty good place.
the people who own it run it, and the man said that he loves animals and
thats why he got into that buisness, and the woman is very insistant that
you know about the animal your buying.  the last time i was there, getting
ferret food, (they stock marshall, the good kind!) this woman was buying
a rabbit, and the lady was quizing her at the desk, and then she still
had her buy a book on rabbits.  and when we (mom and i) were paying for
our stu ff, mom happend to mention that she was interested in getting a
warmerwyner dog, (baaad idea, i think.) the woman gave her some info, sold
her a book on warmerwyners, and told her about a dog shelter around here
that matches owners with a dog that would suit them, and they often have
warmerwyners.  (i have no idea how to spell that by the way.) she even
gave her a pamphlet, and sent us on our way.  it turns out that those
kinds of dogs are mega-spastic and energetic, not the dog for mom, and
they can become destructive if not exersized and scocialized enuff.  (how
did this letter turn into an artical on warmerwyniers?) i kept imagining
coming in from school, and having this giant lap dog pummel me, and waking
up one morning to see all my textbooks destroyed and that dog with paper
bits all over it's face.  Ill stick to my sweet little snip and Dudley(my
sweet, calm, dutifull little scottish terrier).  if you havent noticed
already, im kinda--talkitive.  im sure it will be a pleasure to get to
know everyone!

Jessica and ~Snip~