From:
Amy Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:47:29 EDT
I was reading the posts about ways to keep the babies cool during this
heat.  When all of this heat first started, I had one air conditioner.
Guess which room in my house it was in?  (not my bedroom...theirs).

I was on vacation this past week and I took my kids with me.  We own
ground along the Juniata River between Huntingdon & Lewistown
(Pennsylvania).  I have a two story wire cage at camp for them and I also
have an outside cage (probably 3.5 x 3.5 x 18").  I set them outside every
day under the trees where there is never any sun regardless of the time of
day.  The kids love to play in water (Bear & Princess love to snorkel) so
I purchased a metal pan probably 18" round.  So they have a hammock, this
large water pan, a litter box, and a food dish outside with a few little
toys for them to play tug-o-war with.  Oh yeah - one other thing.  I had
a fan outside running for them.  It was so funny watching them play in
the water & then climb into the hammock with their bellies up enjoying
the cool air from the fan.

I just brought them home tonight and it would have been a perfect
opportunity for a video camera.  They were so happy to be back to their
room - they dooked and danced and terrorized me in their joy to be in
their large open space again.  They played tag in their dryer tubes for
probably 15 minutes.  It was so funny and a pleasant end to a nice
vacation.

Thanks to everyone on my card list.  I had to wait until I got home to
read my mail so I was thrilled with all of the wonderful Independence Day
cards & birthday wishes.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!  Thank you again Judy!

Amy w/Sable, Bear, and Princess

(This list has been invaluable to me...I enjoy the stories and
information.  I do wish we would take a moment to think and review our
messages prior to hitting that "send" button.  Is my response necessary &
responsible?  Is it backed by valid information or simply emotional
feedback?  Life is much too short my friends - trust me on this one.)