From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:48:14 -0700
>Thank you for labeling the hard work of many people a "waste of time".
>
>That, I think, was a bit of a low blow as well as not true.  Some change
>has been effected.  Some conditions have been improved.  Perhaps if more
>people would trade location and savings for taking a stand and making a
>statement, Petco would actually listen to its consumers.  Meanwhile,
>those who believe this is a worthwhile effort will continue to avoid
>Petco as long as it avoids our concerns and communications.
>
>-Heather W. in Massachusetts
>(hoping Sabrina doesn't have to dig another hole...)<

As usual, awesome response!  "Waste of time"?  I think not.  You are
correct...just saving a few ferrets, such as those in Keene, NH makes it
all worth it!

Melissa - before jumping on those who do good for ferrets because you
don't agree with the Petco issue being posted here, step back and see WHY
they are doing this.  Do you really think those of us who care about how
ferrets are taken care of enjoy having to devote time (phone calls and
letters) to get the issues resolved and the ferrets taken care of as they
deserve to be?  Those who do, don't get paid for their time but I can
tell you, most days I would call it "work".  Do you think people enjoy
having to do this?  NO!  They do it because they CARE about ALL ferrets.
Do you disagree with what Alicia (and the rest) did to save those Keene,
New Hampshire ferrets from euthanization?  If you do, I have to question
if you truly love all ferrets.  Some of us work selflessly to change
things for the good of the ferrets EVERYWHERE.  What is wrong with that?
If these things are kept in the closet, people will not be educated.
EDUCATION is key in changing these problems just as EDUCATION is key in
fighting disease.  People burying their heads in the sand because they
cannot handle the truth, only inhibits progress.  The FML is full of
education...from foods to feed to how to deal with biters.  If you don't
want to be educated, scroll past the posts you don't care about OR be
an ostrich.  Please don't chastise the countless people who are trying
to help make changes for ferrets AND save lives.  If Petco and any other
store would start treating ferrets (and other animals) the way they
should be treated and cared for, none of this would have to be
(preferred) but I suspect, until that happens, there will always be those
who will work selflessly to ensure that happens.  Your post has not
discouraged those who truly love ALL ferrets and are willing to take the
time to go out of their way.  It has been enlightening, though, listening
to you.

Again, go ahead and scroll past or bury your head.

P.S.  I opened my email this morning to find a little nasty zinger for
Mr. CAP (a.k.a Alan Larkin).  I really don't care if there are people on
here who dislike me, it makes NO difference to me whatsoever.  In fact, I
find it truly amusing.  I am doing what I do FOR THE FERRETS and not for
the humans (especially those who resort to sending physical threats).
And yes, the second you start attacking me, I become more active.  In
fact, the attacks motivate me to strive further on the Petco and mill
issues.  Thank you.  LOL!