From:
steve baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:51:44 -0400
Anyone who lives in PA, Lancaster area...I was in a pet store this
weekend (in the Manor Shopping Center Plaza, next to the Manor Regal
Movie Theater) that I didn't even knew sold ferrets.  But then when I was
looking at the fish, Oh, there they were in a fish tank right with the
fish and hamsters.  I asked one of the workers if he could take out the
two ferrets that were in this fish tank so that I could hold and play
with them.  He let me for about one minute, the store was closing in five
minutes.  I asked him why they were in such a small cage, tank rather.
He said unfortunately the chinchillas got to have the bigger cage from
now on.  Now, nothing against chinchillas, but shouldn't the ferrets have
the bigger cage.  Are chinchillas active, because I have no idea or
knowledge on them.  Every time I see them in a pet store they are just
hiding in their house.  The ferrets were over a year old the worker said
(they def. looked it), so it was nice to not see too young ferrets at
least.  But the poor cuties had no room at all.  Just my comments on this
pet store... :(

Jen in PA