From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:33:31 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=493

>It was stated here, in the only response to my original query, that low
>blood sugar can cause that condition.
>
>Do you vets concur?  Or do you have other thoughts on the 'red paw pad'
>syndrome?

I don't recall seeing the earlier posts - sorry about that.  In my
experience, insulinoma is a very likely cause for this, and you do have a
history of low blood sugar readings.  I'd probably repeat the blood sugar
test without waiting, and if it is still low, I'd consider starting him
on pred.  Other things that can cause redness include allergic reactions,
fevers, etc.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.