From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:40:43 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=470

>Hello everyone...# 1; ferret poops are really small. he eats alot and is
>active. he does not seem to stress when he goes. no hardness in his belly
>area or soreness. He does not seem like he does not enjoy his food or does
>not get sick.. should I have him checked out for something specific ??

This can be a tough one.  Small poops may be seen when there is a partial
blockage, but food is still moving through.  With him alert, eating well
and active, this is something that I would just put in the back of my
head, but keep a good eye on him anyway.

>#2; female ferret 4-5 yrs old. has an enlarged Vulva ( going to vet) most
>likely adrenal. noticed that my males are going after her ears.

Very likely to be adrenal.  Intact females do have a pronounced body odor
that may not be very obvious to us non-ferrets, but other ferrets pick up
on it.  The ears are a site of a lot of scent glands, and these glands
are probably highly active at this point.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM

------
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/ (Easily searched FHL archives)