Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:39:32 EDT
Do you remember the movie Psycho, where a man talks to the rotting corpse
of his mother in the Bates Motel, and there is that famous shower
slashing scene where the crazy man dressed as his mother throws back the
shower curtain and slashes at the naked vulnerable woman trapped in the
tub?  Alfred Hitchcock KNEW how to grip us in terror.

I am in that movie, naked in the shower with a bad painful back.  I am
on pain pills, and a bit foggy, thinking Mini-Me is in her cage, and
that the door is closed.  I step out of the shower.  Remember that high
pitched treble clef violin bow slashing across the strings in dissonance
just as the camera focuses on the knife slashing through the air?
Literally gives me goose bumps recalling that music in my mind..

Slash, slash, slash.  Razor sharp teeth at my ankle, my calf.  Leap and
grab, slash nip at my thigh.  Bending to grab Mini-Me, she bites my hand
and dances away.  My toe, back of my foot, the calf, the other leg.
Chatter, chatter, chatter..Oh what fun Mini-Me is having.  She dances
and leaps...and nips again and again.

A wet naked helpless human who can barely move trapped in the bathroom.
This is great!

MINI-ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That high staccato slash of the bow across the violin strings stings with
each attack...Again and again.  The savage psycho killer DOES NOT STOP.

Blood everywhere---in my movie mind----I fall to the floor to be slashed
to death by the psycho.  Knock on the door.  I come to.  It is the
Stewart Little movie now.  The ruthless mice pretending to be Stewards
parents have come for him.

I pick out Mini-ME's shark teeth out of my body......a hint of Jaws
here.... and pack them in her little suitcase, and usher the little
ones out of my home.  Out of my bathroom.

I am safe....All alone....In the dark....

I am in bed, and it is the middle of the night now.  Karen Black, the one
with one eye somewhat crossed, was in a movie where she gets a gift of a
small wooden doll man with a very sharp small knife.  The doll comes to
life in the middle of the night and attacks her feet.  She does not know
what it is, and finds herself limping, with quite some blood loss.  The
little man is like a pygmy hunter who will not stop until Karen Black is
dead..  There is a scene at the bathroom door that is chilling...Stabbing
Karen Blacks feet repeatedly......Meanwhile, her evil mother keeps
calling her on the phone.

I am Karen Black, escaping as best I can the stabs of pain.  I can only
lie in the fetal position or on my back without pain, but I have to move
to escape the doll with the deadly sharp knife.

Somehow, I manage to live through Mini-Me PLAYFULLY NIPPING me everywhere
under the sheets off and on for hours during the night.  Karen Black
manages to capture the doll after a loooooong horrifying night.  She
boxes it back up, and sends it to her mother.

Mini-Me goes into her cage; feisty Geiger counter chatter, and rips
papers to shreds............ fades out as I close the door.

There is a knock on the front door-my neighbor.  It is morning.  I made it.

The movies......... in my mind-are over.  And I am safe------------

Until it is time to let her out once again.

Or will it be Terror on Elm Street?

I will have to......Wait Until Dark to find out because....
Only The Shadow Knows What you did last Summer.