From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:00:57 -0400
HI friends!
Whooo Hoo!  What a long time I had to wait to get here again!  You would
not believe me if I told you all that has been going on here at the
shelter -- My furry head is spinning!  You see Mom was 'sposed to be
going someplace a while ago and shelter Dad was home- but sumpin'
happened and she could not leave so we had 2 folks to watch us all That
was special cuz wouldn't you know 2 more kids needed to come here- In pop
Red & Robin young uns that ended up in a shelter only 3.5 weeks after
leaving a pet store.  They had to be quarantined and have them ABC's
checked and al l- Now they is looking for a new place to live- so I had
to get them ready and teach them ferret necessaries!  Well It was about
the Fireworks day and MOM had gotten us lots of chew toys so we could
celebrate the 4th - things were kinda hectic in the shelter with new
young kits and all- so in her confusion on the 2nd of July I decided to-
distribute and consume all the chew toys!

Yes sirree after all the kids needed to see how it works.  So I climbed
up the carrier cage and found a BIG BAG of chewy toys Mom didn't hide
good I knocked it down- Nestle came and helped and we hid them all over
the shelter.  Mom said there was a hundred but I think she missed some :)
ANyway we ALL had a great time Marie , Annabella, Nestle & Me we ate the
points off the stars and played stash the prize.  WOW that night Mom
couldn't believe it- she wouldn't have known except when she found me I
was sleeping next to a stack of 6 I had planned to finish!  Around the
shelter she flew like a mad lady picking them up, packing them away- you
spoiled the celebration she said - well I thought we had celebrated just
fine!  It was the following day we got the 4th of July early- the day was
normal until about the time Dad came home from work- all of a sudden
sparkly lights was in the windows and ladders was on the porch and I
could hear tromping up & down the stairs- then a funny smell was creeping
in the shelter from under the door.  Mom appeared and said she was
staying with us all and not to worry- it was still kinda stinky in there-
and the lights went out!  The bad part was it was a HOT day and the A/c
stopped running too- we was all a wondering what was a going on-- Mom
said not to worry she was with us.  Dad popped in and Mom said they
cannot go out it is too hot I will stay here.  A few minutes later the
Dad appeared again with helpers they found a hotel - kind of where we
could go.  SO all us kids were put in tiny crates and cages and lots of
hands were picking us up and taking us out - THE BACK WAY-- oooh nooo no
one ever goes out the back way- it is dark in there- the bags of dirty
litter go out there- I was scared - would we ever come back?  MOM??  Mom
came too- we were at a house that Ruth lives in she let all of the
ferrets in her dining room and her living room for how ever long we
needed to.  Well she never had a ferret there was more than 30 ferrets in
those two rooms but Mom said we were safe!  It was a LOOOONG time before
we could come back in the middle of the late night when all of a sudden
we was getting picked up and carried back into the shelter- Mom was
cleaning cages and getting things fixed up almost like before there was
still a funny smell but things looked the same.  She said that Ewok &
Bear had been lookin' out and made sure we could come home!  Hey thanks
guys!  We didn't like this game and for several days me, Nestle , Marie
and Annabelle were biting Mom for the scarey day!  Mom said the lectric
had a fire- well lets not do that again!  It is good to be back at the
shelter what a busy week the new kids had hope they don't think that is
regular!

Please check the ebay auctions- Mom has some neat things listed as we
recover form the 4th-- I hope we never get to celebrate AGAIN!
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems
&userid=creativekolor&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Your buddy- Jerimiah ferretwise
mascot, Ferret Wise Shelter
www.ferretwise.org