Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:38:09 -0400
Hi, it is very difficult once a ferret is lost.  I was out of town and I
had someone stay in my house that was a friend to look over my ferrets.
When I got home, I only saw 2 of my ferrets and figured my little girl
Roxie (my 1st ferret) was sleeping, so I did not look for her.  After a
few hours, she still had not shown up, so I started looking for her.
Needless to say, the panic started setting in.  I was living in a very
rural area, with one neighbor and lots of forest, with lots of animals.
I called the sitter and she stated that she had seen them when she left,
all 3, but she had gone back in because she forgot something, and then
did not see all 3.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we never did find her.  I was very
heartbroken, and to this day still am.  If I look at pictures or think of
her, I always get sad.  The pain did lessen somewhat over time since this
happened about 3 years ago, but you will always feel the loss and always
wonder what happened.  I did go to a shelter and adopt another girl a few
months later, and I love her to bits.  But, I am much more careful now.

Good luck and I hope you find your ferret!!!

Judi