From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:38:35 -0500
Hi friends,

I still haven't gotten pictures of Tazzie and his wheels.  Well I don't
have them developed yet.  I will soon.

2 months ago I was feeling so helpless watching Tazzie not be able to
move.  Then Richard came up with the carpet idea, and then the wheels,
now he's trying to find a way to fix up a remote control car so that
Tazzie can still enjoy our ferretproof yard.  As it is Richard carries
him to all of his old fun spots but Tazzie really wants to do it on his
own.  All his little buddies come and spend time with him in his nooks
and cranny's so it's all ok even if we don't figure something else out.
NOW here is why my Tazzie is now a genius too.

When he first got his wheels he cut corners to short, fell off, got stuck,
etc..  now he takes the corners 50 miles per hour, if he falls off he
tries to get back on, if he can't he lays on his back with his little feet
in the begging position and his little neck craned up and around trying
to make sure that we've seen him.  He's learned how to back up and if
that doesn't work... WE RAM IT!!!

When he gets tired he will get his wheels going as fast as he can, and run
at the carpet.  When the wheels hit the carpet at that speed they dead
stop and he goes sliding on his tummy right under his fuzzy on the carpet.

We have a gate in the hallway that is about 5 inches off the floor.  We
keep it locked so the puppies can't go down to the ferrets safe haven.
With it being 5 inches off the floor the ferrets can come and go but the
puppies can't.  Anyway, Tazzie's wheels don't clear the door so he rams
it, slides off and is under it.  The noise lets us know that he is ready
for us to put him back on his wheels so he can do what he wants to again.

Finally, I know he's a genius because we keep our water dripping in the
bathtub because so many of our babies love to get in the tub and drink.
Yesterday Tazzie took his wheels and RAMMED the bathtub.  I put him in
and he had a blast.  Since he can't climb the ramp that Richard made for
them to be able to get into the bathtub easier he simply scratches until
I come.  I stopped staying with him and waiting cause sometimes he stays
in there for 30 minutes before he wants out.

When he is hungry now he hunts me down and looks me in the eyes and licks
him lips.  That's my cuddle time.  I get to feed him his Church's Gravy
and get my kisses.

I'm not fooling myself, his neck gets visibly bigger almost daily.  He
is slowing down but I know that I have done everything in my power to
make his last days as good as his first ones.  I love this boys strength.
He is a young 3 and he is as my vet said, going to hold on by his
fingernails until the end.

Thanks for listening.  I love to talk about my boy.  I think his gut
strength is phenomenal!

Missing 7 pieces of my heart
Holding on to the other 16 as tightly as I can
Lois