From:
Crystal Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:38:25 -0700
Dear ferret fans,

I've got two questions.  First of all, my youngest (10 months) appears to
have a cold.  For the past 24 hours I've noticed an increase in sneezes.
They definately sound like cold sneezes.  However, he still has a ton of
energy.  I'm going to heed the advice in Ferrets for Dummies and give him
some Chlor-Trimeton.  Any other advice?  This is the first time in my five
years as a ferret Mom that I've recognized a cold in one of my fuzzies,
and I'm a little concerned about my Frodo Bear.

My second question is in regard to the behavior of my one year old male,
Bilbo.  He has always hated to have his ears cleaned.  On Sunday, I
cleaned his ears and after I was done, I found that he had peed all over
my lap.  Yesterday, I went to give his ears another quick swab (treating
them for ear mites) and the second I touched his ear with the Qtip, he
started to pee on me again.  This has never happened before, and I wasn't
doing anything differently than I had in previous cleanings.  Has anyone
else had this experience?  Is he going to pee everytime I clean his ears?
I don't want him to be afraid of the cleaning or of me...

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Best wishes to you and your four-legged critters,
Crystal
Baby (quit yer sneezing, Frodo, you're shaking the hammie!)
Frodo (I don't have a cold! I can play!)
Bilbo (No more ear cleaning, please!)
Missing Ziggy at the Rainbow Bridge