Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:58:30 +0100
From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Yesterday Rhubarb was at the vets for some routine stuff, isnt it strange
that yesterday was also the day that little Cussieweezil arrived back at
the vets after her private cremation.  In some disconnected way, our twin
girls were together again.  Rhubarb is changing, she has not bitten hard
in 3 weeks, has the wrench of losing her sister changed her that much?
If this carries on I am gonna have to think of a new nickname for her,
cos "Biteyweezil" wont be appropriate.  I was worried for a few days as
Rhubarb was very quiet, not playing, and spending a lot of time alone in
the hammie, she seems to have picked up some now though, although she is
still quieter than I would like.  Has it really only been 3 weeks since
Cussie left?

I will get round to answering all of you who were kind enough to send
condolence cards and messages, I just have a problem at the moment that
when I think of our little girl for too long my eyes still fill up, well
that is one problem, but I have another......

Now I dont want to get into a discussion about the ethics of any
particular business, I dont need the stress, my request is comes from
the desire to give the Furkid 3 what I have seen that they like best.

I have been unable to get Marshalls Premium from my usual supplier.  He
says there is some problem with the "health certificates" from the
U.S.A., (a change in document format or something I would guess), I
really dont care what the civil servants problem is, the problem I have
is that it is making it very difficult to get my kids the food they like
most, (like I said they ferrets have chosen, its not for me to question),
I am so angry that some pen pusher is obstructing supplies of the food
that my pets visibly enjoy more than any other.

I tried mailing Marshalls before we lost Custard, thier less than helpful
advice was to order on line.  That is not a good option, I want to be
reasonably sure of the date of delivery, (so I can arrange to be here
to take it in... it rains in the UK a lot!) and who is to say that
certification problem will not be applied to an individual package should
it be checked?

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?  They are currently on James
Wellbeloved Ferret Complete, I notice that Bubbles often Coughs as he
eats this, I think it is due to the way that it breaks when he bites
into a piece (having a shape like a 3 leaf clover, I have noticed many
small "bitten off" pieces left in the feeder), this cough or choke was
something that didnt happen with the Marshalls product, and it concerns
me greatly.  Add to that the fact that the litter tray odour is
definately more noticable, the fact that they dont seem to attack it with
the same apparent enjoyment, and that frankly, they seem to have lost
condition since Marshalls became unavailable to us.

Like I said, I dont want to get into a discussion about the rights and
wrongs of Marshalls, because all I can say with any authority is that
I KNOW my ferrets enjoy that food the most, and that it seems to add
something extra to their condidtion.  We had a trial pack of some other
food (totally ferret?) but they were unimpressed with that, they would
only pick at it, they will eat Iams chicken, but I am not keen on that as
it is cat food, and for all the different sounds in Skweeky's repetoir, I
have yet to hear her purr, bing "picky" weezils they will only eat thier
chicken roasted.  I have not been able to coax them into eating raw meat
yet, but I am still trying, but even if I manage that I cant find a
butcher near me that can grind whole chicken carcasses up for me.  most
of the local butchers have been driven out of business by supermarkets,
and here all they will sell you is prepacked cuts

Our thoughs to those with sick, missing or angeled fuzzballs

Cris, (& Unkie Lee) & the west coast weezils, Bubbles Skweek & Rhubarb.
(Wardancing at the Rainbow Bridge - Cussieangelweezil)