Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:42:48 -0500
From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
First I would like to thank my dear friend Eleanor for posting to the
group for prayers for Molly.  Eleanor, I was deeply touched by your
thoughtfulness and I loved your Mylo like he was my own and will always
keep a place in my heart for him.

While waiting for the surgery to be completed and the time needed in
recovery, I busied myself with making Duck Soup, putting the finishing
touches on the hospital cage like making a ramp to the litter pan with a
towel, and putting a vase of fresh cut flowers from my garden in her room.

Molly came through her right adrenal surgery like a trooper.  She is
resting comfortably right now in her "hospital cage" after eating a good
amount of Duck Soup, doing a great poop and pee.  I was told that she
even made an attempt to eat some kibbles and drink some water while still
in recovery.  She is a bit of a plump girl and the vet techs commented
that she doesn't look like she has missed many meals.

The doctor was very pleased with the surgery and commented that it went
particularly smoothly for a right adrenal tumor.  I did ask if I could
ever observe an adrenal surgery on any of my other ferrets, should they
develop adrenal disease and he flatly said "NO".  He added that during
an adrenal surgery, particularly a right adrenal, it sometimes gets dicey
and his verbiage is apt to become reduced to 4-letter words.  I asked him
if it would be like when my father worked on the car and things didn't
always go right.  He laughed at the analogy and said, "Precisely".  Well,
that settled that, as my dad was quite eloquent when he was fixing our
old '67 Chevy station wagon.

I would like to thank all of your for your thoughts and prayers for Molly
and I as we went through our first ordeal with adrenal disease.  I can't
tell you much comforting it was, during those long hours of waiting, to
know that there were ferret lovers out there praying for my little girl.
I feel confident that Molly, who is quite bald right now, will return to
her former beauty, with a rich coat of fur and her unmistakable belly
pouches that remind me of the full-busted opera diva.  My sweet Molly
Brown had seen much neglect before I adopted her and my only prayer is
that she know nothing but love, peace and comfort for the rest of her
life.

Phyllis M. Spy
Massachusetts Ferret Friends, Inc.
Dedicated to education, outreach and shelter of the domestic ferret