From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:14:27 -0700
Hello!  I have been lucky to spend this summer taking classes abroad.
I'm currently in Geneva for 4 weeks.  Unfortunately, I don't know the
language, so I've been using AltaVista's Bablefish translator to read
the Swiss ferret webpages -- furet here.  'Furet' translates as 'pipe
cleaner'.  So, they are called the pipe cleaner like animals.  I have to
laugh, because one of my best ferret pictures is my big, fat guy barely
being able to get himself into a PVC pipe.  He is the ultimate pipe
cleaner.  I think it is a great name.  I need to add it to my list with
carpet shark.

renee
PS - I've met one person here with ferrets, if any of you live in Geneva
or close by, drop me a line, I'd love to meet up!