From:
Leslie Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:02:55 -0400
Hello Everyone!

I have a ferret, Dylan Henry (the same one that was found a while back
wandering around in Manhattan) that is in need of a good home where he
will get lots of TLC.

He's now a nice healthy fat sable boy with a hearty appetite!  He has a
few quirks, but is generally pretty laid back and VERY sweet.  I'm not
sure how old he is (as he was abandoned / lost), though I would lean
toward him being an older ferret.  Possibly 4-5.  He doesn't have very
good eyesight, so you have to let him know you're there before you try
and pick him up or he may try to nip you.  But once he gets the lay of
the land, so to speak he does just fine.  Also, I think he may have been
abused in the past as he will attack and bite feet if you are not wearing
shoes.  Unfortunately, I found out the hard way, while I was just sitting
there minding my own business.  : ( But, I'm sure in time this is
something he would be able to get over.  His favorite toys are the
crinkle sack and "diggy box".

Lastly, he may be a carrier of ECE.  My boy Daggett got bad diarrhea about
3 1/2 weeks ago now and had to be hopitalized for a few days because he
had stoped eating and was getting dehydrated.  (However this was about 2
1/2 months after Dylan Henry came home with us) Daggett just turned 4 this
past May and had never been sick prior to this.  The vet's diagnosis was
"diarrhea (supected ECE)".  I am bringing Daggett in again tomorrow for
a follow up visit and will try and get clarification from her if it was
actually ECE or not.  (I know there is not a test specifically for ECE,
but will get as much info as I can.) My other ferret Bean, who is a very
small ferret and has had heath issues in the past (non-ECE related), has
not been affected.

I was planning on keeping him, but prior to Daggett getting sick, he was
kicking Dylan Henry's butt every chance he could get.  And since Dylan
Henry can't see very well, he just can't get away.  It really seemed to
be stressing him out.  I feel that he would be much happier in a home
where he is either the only ferret or is with other less rambuncous
ferrets.  He does love to play, but will start to wimper anytime Daggett
would get anywhere him (even if he wasn't trying to initiate play).

Please contact me if you would like to adopt this very sweet boy.  He
needs a home where he can get all the love that he really deserves.  I
would prefer that he go directly to a new home as opposed to a shelter,
but a shelter may be better able to find him a home that is truly fitting
for him.

I hope everyone and their little fur demons are all doing well!

Leslie