From:
Melissa Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:28:31 -0700
Sharon wrote:
>To all who've had (have) many ferrets:
>
>I am curious about how common is it for ferrets who don't otherwise bite
>to bite feet?

OOoooh, Sharon, I feel your pain.... literally!  Kokie is a foot biter
in the extreme!  I think he has it in for my feet more than my husband's,
but I've decided to wear tennis shoes in the house until he's learned to
stop.  It certainly keeps my poor, tender feet from becoming his chew
toys!

We've tried everything from a gentle scruff to scruffing and time out,
and it doesn't seem to be making much difference!  He likes the scruffing!
Time outs seem to calm him down, but he's back at it again within a few
minutes, so I've started yipping whenever he bites on my tennis shoes.
This seems to work better than anything else for me.  I also spray with
bitter apple..... but he LIKES it!!  ..  I just have really, really
strange fuzzbutts.