From:
cherry tree girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:46:49 -0400
Thanks to everyone who replied to me personally about my ferret Fleur and
how to help her after going into surgery for intestinal blockage.

She seems to be doing alright.  Although she is very weak, she is making
quite an effort to eat and climb up onto my shoulder.

My main obstacle now is getting her to stop irritating her stitches.  She
is on antibiotics, but today I noticed a fair amount of mucus and a little
bleeding around her stitches.  What concerns me most is that the top part
of her belly looks a bit mishapen and bulged.

I'm going to most likely have to take her in to the vet tomorrow, but
until then I've made a sock- shirt for her out of an old stocking.  Does
anyone have any other ideas for how to protect her stitches?

I want the vet to take a look at her to make sure she's fine, but I
think they're going to sell me some cream and I'm wondering if this is
necessary.  Also she's scratching with her hind legs, so the cream won't
help.

On that note I'm a little uneasy about the vet I've been taking her to.
Can anyone quote me a rough price for surgery on a ferret with an
intestinal obstruction?

Thanks for everyone's support,
Britt + Fleur