From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:04:49 -0800
The quality of life/when to help a ferret over the Rainbow Bridge
discussion has been very helpful.  I'm struggling with this issue very,
very much right now.  Troy Lynn may have made the most useful comment (to
me) about when the ferret is ready to go, not just when the owner is ready
to let go.  I'm struggling big time with Tassie right now, but the truth
is, Tassie's not ready to go yet.  I have faith that she will let me know
when she is ready.  I did a lot of (necessary) grieving while reading
those posts.  Thanks everyone.  I didn't have the courage to post my
thoughts to the fml, but I'm really grateful that others did.

Then after the grieving, the post about the $1.97 elastic attached fur
mouse story had me howling in laughter.  I have one of those things too.
The elastic is completely overly stretched from ferrets trying to put the
dang thing in their hidey holes!  They can't understand how that mouse
gets out every time!

Holly