From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:15:50 -0400
This is a Reminder -

The powerpoint show is completed- and handouts are being assembled.
Attend for an understanding of the times we and our ferrets face together!

ADV 101 Seminar Scheduled

How many times have you wished that there was a "How to" course on caring
for your beloved ferrets?  A course designed for you, the ferret owner,
rather than for veterinarians and their staff.  A course that deals with
issues the ferret owner faces everyday.  Massachusetts Ferret Friends,
Inc. will be starting a Ferret Education Series for just this purpose,
with the first seminar devoted to ADV (Aleutians Virus Disease).  Think
of this as ADV 101 - a seminar where you will have an opportunity to
learn where the disease originated, how does it affect our ferrets, how
is it transmitted and how can we protect our ferrets from the risk of
exposure, just to name a few topics to be covered.

MaFF would like to invite you to our ADV Seminar to be held on July 13th
at the All Newton Music School, 321 Chestnut Street, West Newton from
1:00PM - 3:00PM.  We are pleased to have as our guest speaker, Alicia
Drakiotes, director of Ferret Wise Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in
Marlborough, NH.  Alicia, a strong advocate of greater awareness of ADV,
has been in close contact with the University of Georgia, where extensive
research is being conducted with the hopes of finding out more about ADV
and how to control its spread in the ferret community.  Since 1999, she
has been administering ADV tests on all ferrets coming into Ferret Wise
and has encouraged all shelters to adopt a similar testing standard.

In addition to Alicia's presentation, there will be a "question and
answer" period, plenty of literature to take home and study and
suggestions on how to speak about ADV with other ferret owners.

ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!

For more information visit  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom

We ask that you set aside this day on your calendar and join us for this
very important seminar.  Light refreshments will be served after the
seminar, as well as the drawing for the Martin's Carrier filled with lots
of ferret goodies.  This seminar is for humans only.  No fuzzies, please.
Directions will be posted shortly on http://maferrets.org
There will be ample parking, but why not ride with a friend.