From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:00:23 -0500
I have posted about Tazzie being incontinent and resulting in a sore
bleeding butt.  The good news is it is healing a lot more.  Unfortunately
it's because he now needs help relieving himself.  This started yesterday.
Because of the holiday there are no vets to take him to until tomorrow.
Because the mass is where it is at my vet thought that I would have to
start doing this a couple of months ago.  I know I'm not doing a very
good job but I can at least get his bladder part way empty.  I sure want
tomorrow to get here so she can show me how to do this properly!  His
bloodwork came back and his lymphocytes are at 58%.  That wasn't the
shocker since he has lympho, the shocker was that his WBC had come down
from 16,000 to 5800.  Another shocker was that his normal bloodsugar of
118 with the help of his pred(for a year now) had in 3 weeks jumped to 319.

Snowballs bloodwork came back and everything was within the normal ranges.
I was scared since his spleen is so HUGE and I knew it was going to be
lympho.  Thank you for all of your prayers on his health.

His vet said he was so anemic because it was flea season and she'd seen
alot of animals come in anemic from fleas.  I keep all my animals on
frontline.  I use a flea comb on them daily just to be sure that they
don't have them and I constantly look through their hair as I am feeding
them their gravy.  The vet didn't find any flea dander or anything but
she is still so convinced.  I am going to take Snowball to another vet
for a second opinion.  I don't know what you call the level for anemia
but she told me Snowballs was at 28 and that was very low.  If it's not
better in a month then she will consider removing his spleen.  I'm afraid
he doesn't have a month being so anemic so like I said I'm going to get a
second opinion.

And Koby's little bee stung face is almost back to normal.  My vet said
that normally ferrets didn't do stupid stuff like try to eat flying bugs
and bees.  Yeah right.  Someone forgot to tell my crew that lol.

My thoughts and prayers for all of the sick, hurt and lost ferrets out
there and to their loving caregivers.

Missing 7 pieces of my heart
and holding on as tightly as I can to the other 16
Lois