Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 04:22:16 -0700
Hello All,
Just wanted to update you on Silver.  I picked him up on saturday
expecting a nasty biter with hair loss and what I found was a little
sweety with a full, although coarse coat!!  He's even given me kisses.
Luckily it was not a blistering hot day so we stopped by the Amish market
where we even went on a buggy ride.  He sat in my arms, butt in my hand
looking all around as if he'd never seen anything so grand.  What a
surprise!!!  I suspect that what his previous humans thought were signs
of adrenal were merely that typical mating thing some tend to do this
type of year.  I will watch him over the next month for any other
potential signs.  I also want to see how he responds to "men with alcohol
on their breath".  The previous humans say this is what inspires the
biting behavior.  So far he looks like he'll be a great candidate for
adoption.  So happy I can share some good news during such a sad week on
the fml.  The raffle is still up in the air as I haven't received much
response.

I also want to mention someone very special here.  The winner of Lola's
raffle for the cooler bag was Nancy Mitchell.  Last week she returned the
cooler bag to me with a note telling me that it was too nice to keep and
that I should use it for Silver's auction.  She also sent along with that
a very nice donation to the shelter.

My roommates are thinking I need to be on medication because they see me
teary eyed very frequently around the house lately.  They have come to
expect it when I'm on the computer, but NOT when I'm opening the mail.
LOL!!!  Nancy, you did not have to return that bag but the gesture was
very sweet and I can't thank you enough.  Sooooooo thanks to Nancy the
cooler bag will be added to the raffle.  If I can sell just 50 more
tickets, the raffle will be held.  I'll give it till the 15th of July
before making a final decision.

Thanks to everyone on this list for giving me faith in the hooman race.
It's easy to lose that faith especially when you read things like people
intentionally running over animals.(Kewl Kevin) That's absolutely
sickening... Now there are a couple of people I wouldnt' mind making hood
ornaments out of, but oh no, THAT would be cruel.  I'm getting into a
tangent and I have to get to work.  Nuff said for now.

Take care all.
Kim and da kids at
S.U.M.S. rescue