Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:20:10 -0400
From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
This link below was brought to my attention.  It is in regard o the lack
of regulation USDA can enforce on ferret kits ( something that has over
the years cost the death of many kits) - as currently there are NO USDA
guidelines in place.  Please read the article and when the time is right-
WRITE!  This way we can at least provide a healthier start for the little
fur kids.
---

AFA Working with USDA to Regulate Kit Sales; Help Is Needed!
Please click on the link below to read it.
http://www.ferret.org/news/pr070102.htm

As the originator of NH HB1110 the 8 week bill which is now NH law, I can
tell you the USDA NEEDS to implement these guidelines.  The laws will not
be able to be adequately enforced without a standard.  AS it sits the
mills can now change the paperwork to list any speculative date of birth
and store personnel have little clue as to what stage of development the
ferret kits are supposed to be.

WITH THIS IN PLACE- it will make it better for the ferret kits- ensuring
canine distemper vaccine will have greater efficacy and that there will be
less heath problems like prolapsed rectums etc from the food conversions.

I offer the AFA all the support I can give in assisting with accomplishing
this very important task.

I urge everyone to - when the time comes plan to write your letters.

Alicia Drakiotes