From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:54:25 -0600
For those of you who have been on the FML for years, you already know
I'm pretty much one brick short of a load, but here's what I did to make
sure I would never have to go off and leave my little fur baby.

When Maximilian went to Rainbow Bridge in January, I was totally
destroyed.  I have property that has been in my family for four
generations, so having a pet cemetery has never been a problem.  Now,
however, both of my children live in the houses there, and they are dog
lovers.  I have no issue with that, but dogs and flower gardens don't
mix.  So I decided to think of something else for Max.

The solution?  I took him to the cemetery where I own plots.  My
daughter distracted the sexton, and I buried Max next to where I will
one day be.  I planted a little dwarf spruce to mark his grave, and also
to keep the sexton from getting suspicious about freshly disturbed
earth.  Yeah, I know -- laws, regulations, and all that.  But what the
heck...  this way Max and I will always be together.

I realize this isn't a solution for everybody, but it's just some food
for thought.

A humorous footnote:  Last Saturday I went to the cemetery to spend a
few minutes with Max.  While I was there, the sexton came over to me and
said he had noticed that my little spruce tree was beginning to grow
more on one side than the other because it was getting uneven sunlight,
so he trimmed and shaped it for me.  He also told me that he knew the
little tree had some very special meaning to me, but he wasn't going to
ask any questions.  He just smiled and said he would always give the
tree special attention.

C.B. and Loki