From:
Debi Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:49:52 EST
Hello Fellow FML'ers,

I am one of the ones that usually just sits back and reads the posts.
(Best thing to read in the morning with coffee !!  Better than the
newspaper !!) Anyways, I have been reading a lot of bad experiences with
ferrets in pet stores.  So I thought I would share an experience I had
today.  I went to a pet store in a nearby city.  I went there looking for
fish.  Well .... as soon as I walked in the door there was a HUGE cage
with 3 little ferrets in it !!  (4 months old) Of course I had to stop and
play with them and check them all out.  I have never seen a pet store that
actually had ferrets in a HUGE cage , with hammocks, sleep sacks, toys,
and lots of food, water and a place to do there poopie without having to
sleep in it !!  These were the most caring people and are taking such good
care of these ferrets I couldn't believe it !!  All 3 of them were so
adorable.  Anyways, I thought ya'll might like to hear a good experience.

Here is a cute little story about my precious fuzzy.  I use the squeaky
toy method to call her to come to me.  It works every time, she comes
running and jumps on my arm.  The only time she is caged is when I am
sleeping or gone.  Well .... the other morning I got up and started doing
some cleaning and she was still sleeping so I didn't wake her to let her
out.  After just a few minutes of me being in the other room I heard the
squeaky toy.  I leave it sitting on top of her cage and she had pulled it
down just far enough so she could start squeaking it !!  I guess she
figured if she came running to me when I squeaked it, then I would come
running to her when I heard it.  It sure did work.  So now every morning
when she hears me get up she starts squeaking the toy in her cage to
remind me that she comes FIRST !!  After she gets out and we have some
play time, then I am allowed to go do my cleaning !!  Yes ..... She has
her Mommie trained well !!  :) I have rattled on for probably too long,
so I will just say in closing, I am Praying for all of you that have lost
or sick fuzzies.  God Bless You All.

Have a great day ,
Debi -- Owned by Sashi