From:
Lisa Olscamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:01:47 -0500
First, I have to say I am envious of all of you going to LV!  Wish we
could be there, but finances have gotten tight this year. :(

Someone was looking for a solution to the food digging.  We too have one
who digs to China every chance she gets!  Last summer when it had gotten
so hot out, I purchased a large ceramic dog dish.  I figured it was too
heavy for the fuzzies to tip over, and I filled it with water and ice
cubes daily for them to play in.  In the fall I got this bright idea to
try it with their food.  I had one of those J shaped feeders, but could
not fill it because Mitsy would have a huge mess made immediately.  I took
this large dog dish and filled it about a third full.  Now if she digs,
it stays in the bowl, and it is still big enough that it only needs to be
filled once/day for our four ferrets!  Problem solved!!!

Lisa
Owned by Stinky, Pepper, Mitsy and Pristine