Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:51:03 -0600
From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
I didn't arrive at the IP [Imperial Palace -- the Symposium Hotel. BIG]
till 1:45 on Saturday and left at 10:30 on Sunday morning.  I arrived at
both airports early as suggested and both times it only took 20 minutes
to get through security so I spent much of my time waiting for the
planes. :-(

Thank you Angie, Nancy, Stacey, and Tina for taking care of my group while
I was away.  I know it was only 37 hours but I'm sure it felt like much
longer for all of you!  (this was Angie's first time with my group too!)

Thank you Frank for driving and picking me up at KCI and thank you Michael
for meeting me at the airport in Vegas and Sandy for waiting with me at
the taxi stand for my ride back.  Thank you Sandy and Michael for 'baby
sitting' me and sharing your time with me.  Thank you Bobbi for sharing
your room and for you and Judith joining us on our late evening seeing
the nearby sites.

I enjoyed the time I was at the symposium meeting friends, putting names
with faces and seeing those I'd met before.  Thank you BIG for the warm
introduction and the audience for the warm welcome.  Randy's speech when
she presented the recognition plaque was heartwarming, but so many are
more deserving than I that I felt a bit uncomfortable (I'm sure many
noticed my squirming....).  I'd had a thank you speech rehearsed but
speaking to a human audience is much different than talking to a busyness
of ferrets so I only uttered a simple thank you, but it came directly from
my heart.

Thank you to the presenters for sharing their information and to the
audience for being there to learn and also to share their experiences and
information.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to spend more time with those I met
and meet those I hadn't but I was blessed to be there.  Thanks to all the
wonderful people that made this trip possible.  And thank you to the
symposium committee that worked so hard to make this year's symposium
possible and also to Randy and her committee for originating this
wonderful event (in 2000).

I hope I've not forgotten anyone, but if I have please forgive me.

Now for the aftermath....
When I walked into our home, Rascal was on the futon peeking out from
under the pillows.  When she heard my voice she ssttrreeeetched out her
neck towards me.  She was very happy to see me.  Pumkin and Flux and Otis
and Bandy stayed hidden most of the time I was gone.  Pumkin and Flux had
the caretakers worried but they are fine now, bright and playful and very
much back to normal, though they keep coming out to check on me.  When
Bandy saw me he stared, eyes wide, and if he was human his mouth would
have dropped open.  It was if he couldn't believe I was really home.  Eros
seems to think that laying on his back near me makes him irresistable
(o.k.  so it does), and Aries madly runs through the tubes then jumps on
my leg.  Many times I'm walking with this ferret attached to my shin....

All is well at home....

hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services