From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:52:17 -0800
This will be my last post...until Monday!  LOL!  Vegas hear we come!
Grandma is so excited about sitting, she can hardly wait.  I hope they
are good while I am away.

I saw Wild Rescue on Animal Planet today and some of you may have already
seen this.  There was a segment on ferrets and Joe Fowler of the Love of
Ferrets Shelter and Rescue in Tooksbury (sp?) Mass. was featured.  She
talked about a ferret named Simon who had come to them with impacted
scent glands and as a result of surgery for such, he sustained some nerve
damage.  He is happily living with a family who have plenty of animals
and Wayne Volker, is the twelve year old boy, who is his daddy.  This boy
seems so responsible and caring - that ferret is getting lots of attention
and love.  This was such a heartwarming story to hear Wayne talk about
Simon and how much he loves him.  I sat there and cried.  Joe Fowler's
shelter looks really nice and she seems like a very caring and
compassionate (and knowledgeable) ferret person.  If you are out there,
Joe, kudos to you.  That story and what you said about ferrets, really
touched my heart.  I tried to tape it, but the damn VCR made a boo-boo
(of course it was not "user error" <g>).

Anyway, I can hardly contain my excitement over the symposium.  I am
already packed and we aren't leaving till tomorrow.  In addition to
packing, I also spent time adding ferret photos to my album I am bringing.
The hubby just looked at me and shook his head.  My response was "you
didn't expect me to leave the kids' pictures behind, did you?"

See you all on Friday!