From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:24:21 EST
>Any tips on traveling with water bottles?  I know how they leak, but I
>don't want to deprive the fuzzies of their precious water!  Is there a
>less messy way to do this?  Thanks.
>
>Kristine

I used to just offer them the water bottle at 15min intervals.  I keep the
bottle on it's side right next to the cage door.  (best place to stick it
in my truck)  They took it upon themselves to ask for water.  So, I wait
until they ask for it.  Sticking their nose at the bottle, and then
putting one paw up on the wire and looking straight at me.  I still offer
at hour intervals during long trips.  They usually just go to sleep during
the entire trip.  I do have a food bowl and litterbox set up in there, as
well as a hammock and all the comforts of home.  I am back to offering at
15 min intervals with my four Utah ones though.  They are catching on
quick onto what the original four do.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America