From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:25:14 -0700
Laurie,

My animals are my kids.....I cannot have kids.  I am ok with this.  I am
only 29 and have my whole life ahead of me.  I would go to the ends of
the earth to help my babies.

My parents think I am crazy for having 6 ferrets, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a
fish.  But they just don't "get it".  That is all I can say.  I have loved
animals my whole life.  I believe that I was meant to have animals....no
matter how many.  They bring joy into my life .... and I try to bring joy
into theirs.  My oldest baby is my first....Lea.  She is a German Shepherd
and she is now 12 years old (I have had her for 10 years).  Everyone told
me that she wouldn't live past 6...then 8 and now...well, she is just
going to die any minute now.  NOPE.  Not if she has it her way.  She lives
for me...and I know that.  If she needed surgery and the doc.  said that
she had a pretty good chance...or even if I thought she did...well guess
what... I would have her go through surgery.  She deserves a chance, if
there is one there.  I know that each case is different.  But basing
things on age is wrong.  Shoot...my mom just had a heart transplant..and
she is in her 60's.  Should we have said no because of her age?  Of course
not.  And people will say it is different...she is a person...well you
know what?  I disagree.  My animals are my Little People.  I treat them
the same way I treat the ones I love....sometimes even better.  I mean
come on, how can you stay mad at a ferret who was only trying to help you
by getting the treats out herself, or by showing you that you still need
to ferret proof the house.  Even when they look at you and then poop just
to tell you that they are mad at you....how can you stay mad?  I sure
can't.  Nor do I want to.

Sorry for rambling...

I hope that Weezer and his family decide for themselves what is best for
Weezer.  It is not a decision that anyone of us can make for them.  All I
can say is, make sure that you are comfortable with the decision.
Whatever Weezers family decides....there should be no flames on them.

Joanne
Spice, Pepper, Flower, Bugs, Dodge, and Kuri