From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:28:29 -0500
I know there's been a lot of discussion about ferrets in Movies, Well i've
been reading the Harry Potter books over the last week or so and have
found two out of the four books have ferrets mentioned in them.  Just
wondering if anyone else had noticed that at all.

They do, but not necessarily in a very positive light.  In the third book,
a creature called a Hippogriff is eating a plate of dead ferrets and
spitting out the bones.  In the fourth book, one of the more loathsome
characters is turned into a white ferret for punishment, then the ferret
is bounced off the walls and ceiling as it screeches in pain.

I love the Harry Potter books, don't get me wrong, but I get the
impression that J.K. Rowling doesn't care much for ferrets!!

-Heather W