From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:48:15 -0500
>From:    amos <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: raw eggs
>
>>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: KP FHL cross-post, digest 493: eggs
>>
>>>Because I keep getting conflicting reports as to weather raw eggs are ok
>>>for ferrets or not, I would like to know if feeding a small raw egg to
>>>ferrets once or twice a week will predispose ferrets to this disease.
>>>Thiamine Deficiency
>>
>>My biggest concern feeding raw anything is disease.  Salmonella is just
>>nasty.  I prefer to recommend cooked egg, as opposed to raw.  A small
>>amount of hard boiled or scrambled egg weekly should be just fine
>
>When I posted my first letter on FHL I didn't realise it was going to be
>discussed on so many other lists.
>
>I have been feeding my ferrets on raw eggs once or twice a week for the
>past 30 year and have not lost a ferret yet, all of my ferrets are living
>to 10+ years, my oldest one at the moment is a jill born in the spring of
>1990
>
>Tony

The FHL specifically states what list owners can do with the posts.  We
don't worry when those who write them put them elsewhere.  We do ask vets
and other experts for re-posting permission for their answers even though
we don't have to.  We do not ask the folks who posited the questions but
instead we keep their identities private as i did in the reposting of
vet, Karen Purcell's reply.

Those who want to see the FHL may go to: