Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:28:51 -0500
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: reaction, dental arcade size and resultant biting, fancies
>
>To date I have heard of one marked white line that appeared to be
>longer-lived than normal, with the breeder still following those and us
>wanting one of them in a few years if it continues to hold true.  have
>heard of a number of normal-lived DEWs.  The problem is that I am still
>to hear of any pandas or blazes that have lived beyond a too-short 6 and
>3/4 years.  Anyone have any?

Amelia is a pretty classic example of what the Killians call a
panda-blaze-wannabe, although as she's aged she is becoming closer to a
blaze, especially in the winter (in the winter you could really call her a
blaze, but the blaze gets muddled in her summer coat).  She has the white
kneecaps and is mostly deaf, so I expect she's got Waardenburg Syndrome.
Not sure if this is exactly the type of coat pattern you are asking about,
but fwiw she turned a verifiable 7 in mid-October this year (I've had her
since she was 7 weeks old) and despite insulinoma is doing pretty well.  I
think her health problems have been pretty "normal"-- adrenal at age 5,
insulinoma diagnosed shortly after turning 6, and an ulcer after close to
a year of pediapred.  Maybe normal is not the right word, but at any rate
I don't think it's anything you'd be surprized to see in a sable ferret.
Hopefully I can continue to report an increased life span for some time
to come :)

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Gossamer into Spiderweb:
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/~gossamer.html

           So keep your candles burning
        And make her journey bright and pure