Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:34:58 -0800
Well my daughter had a basketball tournament on Saturday.  She had a 4
hour space between games so we decided to check out this place that had a
state sign next to the road.  It was advertising exotic animals.  What it
turned out to be was a pet store that also had exotic animals.  They had
cats that were exotic but also rescue animals.  They also had a 1-1/2 year
old ferret.  He looked like my daughters ferret but bigger.  It was nice
to see that she was trying to find a new home for him.  We were drawn to
the pet store because of the exotics but I was so pleased to find some
type hope for unwanted animals instead of them ending up in a shelter.
I wish more pet stores would do this.

My dad and mother were animal lovers.  My dad more so.  I have had animals
my whole life.  I don't think there has ever been a time I have never had
one.  Heck my dad has never been without some type of animal.  He is
always giving shelter animals and strays a new home until they cross the
bridge.  We also had a lot of exotic animals which also explains why I was
drawn to the pet store last weekend.  For a dog, I had a wolf, best kids
dog ever.  The three skunks, raccoons, the neighbor had three monkeys we
used to play with, you name it we had it at one time.  We used to live in
a house when I was young and he buried all of our animals that went to the
rainbow bridge there.  We had a small grave yard that had cats, dogs, our
three skunks and other animals there.  Before we moved he planted plants
over them so hopefully they were never disturbed.  When ever he is going
close to the house he drives by there.  I think he does it so he can make
sure the plants were never disturbed.  I hope that those bushes are never
disturbed while he is alive.  He always gets so attached to his pets, they
are like their children.  I would hate to think how that would hurt him
to see them disturbed.  I know he holds all his animals close to his heart
and is so proud that his daughters have followed him in this way.  He
loves hearing my stories about my animals and wants to see the ferrets so
bad.  The ferrets are so much like the skunks I grew up with, I know he
would really enjoy them.  He has since moved to a new house again and I
think it was so hard on him because one of his best cats he loved so much
is buried there.  I will never forget what he did for a Manx cat that he
rescued.  Someone dumped her because she didn't have any control of her
bladder, she was a Manx that was born with the last few vertebras of her
spine missing.  He took her in his heart and loved her.  Since she had no
control over her bladder, whenever he would bring her in she had to be
wrapped in a towel.  Otherwise she was a normal cat.  She was constantly
leaking feces and urine so he bathed her a lot.  She also had to be an
outdoor cat because of this problem.  When she finally got old it was all
he could do for her but to take her in and have her put to sleep.  He felt
so sorry for her having to be out in the weather so he built her a small
house that she could go in.  Finally with age and the cold weather he felt
that it was no choice but to help her cross the bridge.  I will never
forget all the times that he has called me crying because he lost one of
his little fuzzy children.  And he probably never forgets all the times I
have called him either.  He calls my place the Wilson's pet cemetery
because I have a horse, cats, and a dozen piglets that I have tried to
save and couldn't or was just plain old.  A lot of the pigs, even though
they only lived a short time, have their spot by the house.  They are
truly my weakness.  They can steal your heart faster than anything.

Molly
Wilson's Feed and Stock

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SuburbanSt/wilsons-feed-stock/index.html