From:
Donna Sliger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:46:28 -0600
Our furbie is only three months old.  He found and chewed up some
styrofoam last night, but seemed to have passed it okay, at least we
think (his poop had little crumbs of styrofoam in it).  We gave him some
hairball remedy, but he's been listless and can't seem to use his litter
box like he seems to be wanting to do.  He's coughed/sneezed several times
today.  So tonite after church we took him to the emergency clinic and we
were fortunate for them to have an exotic vet on duty.  He said he didn't
think there was an intestinal blockage, and that Daxter's gums were good
and pink and there was no fever, but he was a bit dehydrated.  He asked if
anyone had been sick at our house lately,(as he could've caught someone's
cold) and all I could think of was that his owner, my teenage son Caleb
seemed to have a stomach virus last week.

They injected some fluid under Daxter's skin, for which he gave a huge
"sqwawk" and then they administered some amoxicillin orally.  They sent
the medicine home for us to give to him twice daily until it's gone.  The
vet told us to put a hot water bottle by him tonight and if he's not
better by morning to take him to his regular vet.

I wonder if Caleb's letting Daxter swim in the warm bath might've made
him catch a cold.  But we tried to keep him warm til he was dry.  But who
knows.  I'd welcome any suggestions ya'll might have.

Anyway, please say a little prayer for our baby Daxter, that he'll be up
dooking and frisking in the morning.

love lots,
Donna

       ,',',__