Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:14:43 -0800
>From:    Angie George <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My packrat boy and the Weasel Show
>
>This is a silly question, but does anyone else have a ferret who spends
>the biggest part of his awake time stashing food???  I have a two year
>old male, Cujo, who seems to think that somehow he is not going to get his
>share of food or has heard that there is some kind of shortage going on.

I have the same problem except mine hide the dog's food.  I'm sure
Snowball thinks the great ferret famine is about to hit shortly and he
doesn't want to be caught short.  He had 2 full cups of dog kibble behind
the stove during the fall.  I have to feed the dog, make sure he eats it
all and then let the ferrets out.  Otherwise I'll end up with ants because
of the food traveling around the house.  Last night the dog sniffed out a
stash of cookies from under my bed.  1st time I ever found that.
Evidentally the guard I have on the snack cabinet is not working.Also,
Cassie seems to think that every dog toy is hers and keeps stealing all
the poor dogs toys.

I've come to the conclusion that they've discussed the end of the world
and assigned special tasks to each ferret.  One has food, one has toys,
one has clothing and the last one has anything odd that looks like it
might be appealing...like my belts or shoes.