Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:13:26 EST
I'll describe how he came to me, but you have to show me proof of
vaccination from your vet, and do it by tomorrow afternoon.  He gets his
distemper today, rabies shots tomorrow, and is ADV negative.  If you
claim him afterwards, you'll have to reimburse me for these bills :o)

otherwise, he'll be available for adoption this weekend.Hee's the story.

I got a call from my mother, who got a call from one of her best friends,
who had found a ferret in his yard and was hysterical wanting to reach me.
I think it was too far to get to my house, so, the gods directed this li'l
guy there ;o)  He had asked all his neighbors, none of them claimed him.
We're calling him "Fellah" for now.

I went to get him, and when I picked him up out of the box he was in,
Fellah climbed up my shoulder, flopped down and sighed as if to say
"FINALLY, someone who will take care of me" and started to snooze.  I
tucked him into the carrier, he smacked at the food bowl, then ate what
he spilled.  This tells me he must be used to having his food thrown on
the ground for him (lately anyway, he isn't very thin, but is very gray,
and smells like he's been outside for several days)

His nails were atrociously long, he had car grease covering one side of
his head and face.  Under the grease was a Marshalls tattoo.  He's a nice
big cinnamon point gib.  When we got home, we took an ADV test,
NEGATIVE!!!  HOORAY!

He slept through the test, his nail trimming, and slept in my arms for
two hours.  I think it must have been the best sleep he's had since being
lost.  I took several pictures of him during the two hours, all of them of
him sleeping of course <G> and I'll try to get him doing something a bit
more lively later today, post bath.  I didn't want to traumatize him by
bathing him right away.  He's been tucked into a large carrier up here
away from all the others.

you will be able to see him at www.mystyxcritters.com/Availferret

[part two:]
I just bathed him (removing a couple fleas ugh) and discovered he's been
attacked or abused.  At first, I thought it was just one wound, two
scrapes that are large, size of a big dog tooth, but then, while drying
him, I discovered he has a small bite wound, cat sized or maybe small dog,
two punctures and a HUGE bruise on his right hind leg around the punctures
and up further toward his back and side.  I could just cry for him.  When
we go to the vet tomorrow for his rabies I'll have them look at it.
Doesn't look festered, thankfully, but does look painful, poor little guy.
No WONDER he slept so easily here.  The photos are going up right now
after I type this, if you want to see the images of him and his wounds.
Go to www.mystyxcritters.com/Availaferret to see him.  None of the local
vets have any missing reports, but I gave them my name and number.  I'm
not so sure I want his original owner to have him back, I'm worried the
injuries may have happened prior to his leaving them, when I look at the
rate of healing, they're well scabbed and have some scarring already.
The bruising is purple.  Considering how dirty he was, I doubt they would
have healed as well if they happened while he was loose.  We'll find out
what DR.  Beer thinks tomorrow though.

TTFN!

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Ferret Rescue of Galloway, Ohio