From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:28:45 EST
>From:    Nancy Parks <[log in to unmask]>
>
>i was tested positive for C-Difficile..  can my ferrets catch this?

I'm not sure about the ferret part.  But I know you can prevent
transmission of C-diff.  I work in a nursing home and a good number of
my patients have C-diff.  We have to report to the aids who is on C-diff
precautions and they take the extra precautions.  I have a feeling that
you are fine and go into the toilet.  Keep your ferrets away from the
toilet.  Wash your hands after every bowel movement.  Keep your undies
separate from the rest of your laundry.  Wash them separately from your
laundry.  At where I work, double washing and bleach is used.  Soiled
linen is put in a separate red bag.  To insure that your ferrets don't
get into your undies, probally best to bag them.  Then I would run a hot
water only cycle in your washer after your undie load.

Good luck and hope things get better.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America