From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:27:16 -0400
 ...Who me?  Unclear?  Anyway, surgery is the only cure for an adrenal
growth but some ferrets are not surgical candidates so for them you can
try the medication route.

And, yes, I know that heartworms can show up in a wide range of areas,
but some are far more likely than other locales.

Grooming: grooming is part of nurturing behavior, so an animal whose
hormones are out of whack from an adrenal growth may do more of it.  Just
you serving the function of a baby-doll, that's all.

Kate, if that is JL then two months is long time for that variant and if
so I'd guess that the Pred held off the symptoms for a long time and what
you are seeing may be some expression of the illness despite the Pred.
Ask your vet if the dose can be increased, since that may help control
the illness' symptoms a while longer if possible.  Do not stop the Pred
without vet okay, esp. not suddenly; Pred is supposed to be weaned when
used long term.

Yep, agreed that the Weezilwatcher gates are worth every penny.  They
haven't even cracked through the years we've had our two, let alone
broken, despite the high trip-rate here at home.

Matt did a better job of describing those clips: question marked shaped
with the pull down latch.  Those not only work but are dirt cheap and
wonderful for securing cage doors.

There are a multitude of variations upon hanging baskets that can be
safer for things like remote controls (if placed far enough from
anything that can be climbed): doorknob baskets, ones with their one
hangers, ones that hang from Shaker pegs or iron basket hangers, etc.

Ashling also defeats muchof the ferret-proofing.  We like that about
her; makes us more aware and less likely to have accidents when we
finally find working solutions.  She just happens to be an intelligent
and curious athlete.