From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:22:27 -0700
Truth is, some people just aren't cut out to live with ferrets; just too
bad these people don't do some research about ferrets, or any animal,
before bringing one home based upon how "cute" they are.  Wolfy's right,
if this person is for real, I for one would want him/her to use this list
to find a good home for ferret X right away.

Ferret X sounds like he's extremely intelligent and extremely bored and
is outsmarting his owner.  My favorite type of ferret.  Keeps you on your
toes, redefines ferret-proofing, stretches your imagination to keep them
entertained, helps keep the house nice and orderly as you either put the
remotes, etc.  out of ferret reach or you search for them in hidey holes;
either way, there's no clutter laying around where you can see it!

Someone once wrote that successfully living with ferrets is a lifestyle.
What a true statement.  Certainly not a lifestyle for everyone.  I can't
imagine opening dresser drawers and not finding a soft, angelic looking
furball curled up sleeping.  How boring walking down the hallway would be
if a furry body didn't jump out at me, asking to be chased.  I love
sharing my tea in the morning, even when it gets spilled.  Do my guys
always hit the litterbox; nope.  Does my heart melt when they stand up on
my leg and beg to be picked up and loved; yep.  Without ferrets, I would
get to wherever I have to go WAY too early cuz part of leaving the house
is guessing where 7 furry ones are curled up sleeping and gathering them
up.  Without ferrets, I would always know where my slippers are.  Do I
like breaking the law living with ferrets in CA; hate it.  Can I live
without ferrets after 12 years of ferret lifestyle; I'd move to another
state first.

Just my truth about ferrets.

Posted anonymously to protect the innocent in CA