From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:06:52 -0400
>I have an important question, Bandit has a bump on his head and I don't
>know what it is.  I discovered it when I was holding him by his scruff he
>started whimpering.  At first I just thought it was his skull bone, but I
>looked closely and it's definitely swollen.  It looks like a mosquito bite
>it has that dot in the center, he rarely goes out and always with
>supervision, it seems unlikely that it could be a bite of some sort.

While it doesn't sound serious, it is difficult to say without seeing it.
Most skin lesions that have been described to me as "bites" over the years
turn out to be small skin tumors.  In some tumors, due to impaired blood
supply in the center, there is a central area of necrosis, which gives the
lesion the appearance of a bite.

My suggestion would be to have it looked at and removed.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, dVM