From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:39:43 -0700
>Date:    Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:18:06 -0700
>From:    Laura Spearman <[log in to unmask]>
>
>So I did what our local ferret shelter does.  I said goodbye to litter
>boxes and to litter entirely and said hello to newspaper.

it's worked pretty well for me, too.  they're pretty good about using it.
only sometimes instead of going on it, they go right in front of it!  i
wouldn't care, except that with carpet this is getting pretty foul.  so,
i suppose it's off to home despot with me, to pick up stll more scrap
linoleum... only then they will go right in front of the linoleum!  oh,
what to do...

hrm. at $18 for a 6 foot by 9 foot roll, i could probably linoleum nearly
the entire bedroom floor for 40 bucks... considering it's already covered
where the cages sit.

but in the cages is another matter entirely.  resistant as they are to
using the boxes outside the cage, they're rather reliable *in* the cage.
so i'm still on a quest for affordable litter that won't cause problems.
i'm going to see if my local lowe's can order wood pellets.  if they work
decently, i'll probably stock up and use 'em for the cats and the ferts
both.  if not, maybe my local feed store can order the Crown bedding.

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.