Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:38:01 EDT
hi folks,

it's always been a long time since i've posted, so it seems cliche to say
over and over.  i have tons of ferret issues right now, but here's the
kicker.  my 2yo neut.  male has lost large amounts of hair across his back
in what my mother (his current caretaker) says has been the last week.
this is a lot of hair for a week, but i can't contradict her since they
are in her care and i'm not there.)

a portion of my baby's back is nearly bald.  i took him to the vet.  he
said, as i was afraid he would, that it's most likely adrenal, just wait
and see.  $1000 for the surgery, maybe more if insulanoma as well.  that
was way more than i expected, and i don't think that they take food
stamps.  he is not an expert in this either, he has only done the surgery
once as far as i can tell.  i'm obviously thinking of going elsewhere for
the surgery.

i was here last because i was most likely going to have to foster or give
up either his sister (my first and my love) or both of them.  he is an
approved pet assisted therapy ferret and that is the only way that i would
be able to choose one child over the other.  i still couldn't do either.
that's why i still almost have them both.  but to save his life?  maybe
there is a shelter that will take him?  i can't bear to part, but it's
his life.

is there any way that this could *not* be adrenal?  Is it just me, or is
this price very steep?  and is waiting it out really the best course of
action?  and for how long?

i know i should have so much research in this area after all these years
of ferret ownership, but i've only owned a few and this is new.  also, i
have to find a home for us to live in in 9 days (something fell through
and.... well, lease is over whether i have a home or not  ;)  so please,
i know there is info out on the web, and i can comb the archives, but i
don't want Bart to have to wait on my timing.

i live in RI.  i'm not asking ppl to send money or anything, but if you
know of any resources in the new england or new york area, please email
[log in to unmask] and let me know.  i would really appreciate it.

thanks a lot.  at this moment i am so thankful for this list -- you have
no idea.

ok, i could keep babbling forever, but that's not helping Bart much.
please, if you know anything in the area, let me know.

thank you so much,
tatiana

    Ask me about HOPE for kids.  No, really, *ask* *me*!!!!
                   http://www.hopeww.org