From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:33:01 -0400
http://www.foodmedinteractions.com/

Food Medication Interactions
PO Box 204
Birchrunville, PA 19421
USA
Telephone:      800-746-2324
or
610-827-7800
Fax:    610-827-7669
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

I just learned about this resource from the Tufts University Health
and Nutrition Letter.  They not only have guides for food and drug
interactions -- but here's the book that I figured might be useful for
vets and for others who want to learn:

>The Herb-Drug Interactions Handbook by Sharon Herr RD is a compact
>reference manual for over 300 herbs written from both the herb
>prospective and the pharmaceutical prospective.

It's a spiral bound.  compact book created to fit in a pocket, and is
written for professionals (which means that I will have to keep my
Saunder's Veterinary Dictionary handy).  Anyway, with so many folks
giving herbs with too many NOT checking first for counterindications and
bad interactions I figured that this could prove useful.  There's going
to be more info in the _PDR for Herbal Medicines_, of course, giving both
good and bad aspects, but that is large and pricey, while this costs only
$21.95 plus $5 shipping and handling and is small enough to carry.

I certainly do and have used plant-based approaches to health, but
"anything strong enough to help is strong enough to hurt", so this handy
reference may be "just what the doctor ordered" for vets whose clients
are using herbal approaches as well as the standard ones.

Yep, I plan to spend some of my fun money on one!